This continues a series of posts sharing insights I gained from this year’s Leadercast event.)
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning kicked off the afternoon session of Leadercast sharing his thoughts on being a gamechanger, a necessary component of being one of “The Brave Ones.” I took more notes on Manning’s presentation than any other! Here are just a few quotes for inspiration.
- Anyone who waits for someone else to take the initiative automatically becomes a follower.
- Find the courage and confidence to master the fierce conversation.
- What you do with what you don’t know makes all the difference.
- Learn to thrive while being uncomfortable.
- Devote yourself to intense prepatation.
- Invest in a coach.* A coach will help you see what works and what doesn’t and will give you a new perspective.
- Delivering help trumps offering hope any day of the week.
- Bravely adjust to new realities
- Understand the sustained power and influence that comes from relationships.
- You have to earn respect and you do that through action not by talking.
Not only is Peyton Manning one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, but he is also one of the bravest leaders to ever grace the field; returning to a high standard of play after a serious neck surgery. Manning is surely a future Hall of Famer and it was inspiring to hear him speak.
~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~ – ~
*Can I help you see new possibilities? If you would like to discuss coaching for yourself or one of the emerging leaders in your organization, let’s talk!
More from my 2015 Leadercast experience: